commentary, stories, philosophies, cooking and random thoughts. follow my life's journey as i unravel it. the main page contains five days of entries. this site is maintained by october30. for more articles please visit: ciudadista.wordpress.com

Friday, January 02, 2004

Happy Holidays!!!

I have to confess that my favorite holiday or celebration throughout the year is the Lenten Season (including Holy Week). It is the only event that I can concentrate on prayer.

I remember last year were I attended mass from Holy Tuesday until the Saturday Vigil for Easter. I felt the true meaning of the season unlike the very much materialized and commercialized Christmas and New Year.

During Lent and Holy Week you only focus on God and doing more good. During Christmas you think about food, presents, parties, endless spending, etc.