commentary, stories, philosophies, cooking and random thoughts. follow my life's journey as i unravel it. the main page contains five days of entries. this site is maintained by october30. for more articles please visit: ciudadista.wordpress.com

Sunday, October 12, 2003

Reflections

(currently listening to: 'When I Grow Up by Mahinarangi Tocker)

When I was younger I wanted to be a virologist/immunologist. I was inspired by my AIDS study and the movie 'Outbreak.' I reached 8th year and my adviser helped me realise that its hard to be in the medical and professional careers. She said it takes 10 years to study say medicine and 10 years to be come fully 'established.' From then on I said I want to be a businessman.

Four years ago if I've not chosen the first option it would have been my second year until my masters in economics. Then I so wanted to be an economist.

I took the different path and I'm here at the edge of the world.

Don't get me wrong. I have no regrets. I'm just wondering how my life is so different from what I have planned it to be. Like what Des'ree and my good friend Klyfe said, 'life, oh life, oh life!'