commentary, stories, philosophies, cooking and random thoughts. follow my life's journey as i unravel it. the main page contains five days of entries. this site is maintained by october30. for more articles please visit: ciudadista.wordpress.com

Sunday, October 05, 2003

Sautéed Mung Beans

This is a very cheap recipe for those on tight budgets. Its easy to cook and is healthy.

I've cooked this just three days ago. Cooking and eating this was nostalgic.

What you need:

2 cups of mung beans soaked overnight
1-2 liters of chicken stock (depends on you on how thick the soup is)
1 chopped onion
2 cloves crushed garlic
250 grams of pan fried diced beef or pork
spinach leaves or pepper leaves
1 chopped tomato
salt, pepper to taste
oil for sautéing

Directions:

1. Sauté garlic, onions and tomato.
2. Add the mung beans.
3. Add the meat.
4. Add the stock
5. Wait for beans to soften.
6. Add the leaves.

You might noticed that this is the third time that I talked about my cooking. Its now obvious that I like to cook.

Next in my culinary agenda is Sautéed Mung Bean Sprouts! Watch out for it!