commentary, stories, philosophies, cooking and random thoughts. follow my life's journey as i unravel it. the main page contains five days of entries. this site is maintained by october30. for more articles please visit: ciudadista.wordpress.com

Thursday, March 18, 2004

Google Directory - Shopping > Entertainment > Recordings > Music > Vinyl

This afternoon I went to a local record shop on the edge of the city. I was looking for Karl Jenkins CDs there and was directed by another record store to proceed there.

The store occupies the ground floor of the building. My guess it is about 800 to 1000 meters square. It does have a lot of CDs and other things like magazines, DVDs and some books.

Unfortunately I did not find the CDs that I was looking for. I realized that this store also carries a lot of vinyl records. I have thought that vinyl records ceased to exist from the early 1990s. It has a lot of old Blues, Country, Alternative and Jazz Music. They also have a lot of new records that are recent like Hip Hop albums. The newest record I saw was Nora Jones' "Feels Like Home."

The cheapest classical LPs are from $1.95 I'll see if I can buy one and find a player to play it.