commentary, stories, philosophies, cooking and random thoughts. follow my life's journey as i unravel it. the main page contains five days of entries. this site is maintained by october30. for more articles please visit: ciudadista.wordpress.com

Wednesday, September 24, 2003

http://www.melissas.com/catalog/index.cfm?Product_id=467&Info=YES
The kiwi fruit.

Today for the first time I ate two whole kiwi fruit. It was so yummy. Its like nothing that I have tried before. The flesh was just right. I love the crackling sound of the seeds crushing in my mouth. The only thing I didn't like about is that it can be too messy to eat unlike apples. Its like eating mangoes.

Its not easy to buy kiwi fruits. For me the best is the soft one. The hard ones are often sour. You have to feel at least three or four kiwis to find the best one. It was $3.99 a kilo.